Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I just dinged 80 for the first time.


This is exactly what happened when I ran a heroic dungeon for the first time.

I use the Dungeon Finder tool to get myself into a "random group". It's rather quick. I zone in.

The mage they're referring to here is me.

Looting set to Need Before Greed.
Loot threshold set to Uncommon.
Dungeon Difficulty set to 5 Player (Heroic).
[DG] [Gulizakiya-Blackrock]: cya everyone... ! have a nice day
Darty-Blackrock is now the group leader.
Gulizakiya leaves the party.
Mithun receives loot: [Frostweave Cloth]x2.
Mithun receives loot: [Relic of Ulduar].
Mithun receives loot: [Frostweave Cloth]x4.
Mithun receives loot: [Frostweave Cloth]x2.
[P] [Crustysocks-Blackrock]: pro mage cool
[P] [Mithun-Nagrand]: lol
[DG] [Darty-Blackrock]: from 6k gs rogue
[DG] [Darty-Blackrock]: to this
[P] [Crustysocks-Blackrock]: lol
[DG] [Darty-Blackrock]: i am dissapoint
[P] [Crustysocks-Blackrock]: tsk tsk tsk
[P] [Crustysocks-Blackrock]: lets find another dps
[P] [Crustysocks-Blackrock]: kick mage in 13 min
[P] [Mithun-Nagrand]: lol
A role check has been initiated. Your group will be queued when all members have selected a role.
Darty has chosen: Damage
Mithun has chosen: Tank, Damage
Crustysocks has chosen: Healer
[DG] [Darty-Blackrock]: naww hes cool
[P] [Abditus]: are you guys serious?
[DG] [Darty-Blackrock]: poor guy
[P] [Crustysocks-Blackrock]: lol
[P] [Mithun-Nagrand]: yeah give him a chance
[P] [Crustysocks-Blackrock]: oook
[P] [Mithun-Nagrand]: imagine if u just dinged 80
[DG] [Darty-Blackrock]: i did
[DG] [Darty-Blackrock]: yesterday
[P] [Abditus]: I would've thought the purpose of heroics was to gear up
Abditus has chosen: Damage
You are now queued in the Dungeon Finder.
[P] [Mithun-Nagrand]: lol
Oolong joins the party.

At this stage I accidentally pull an elite mob and a few non-elites as well. No big deal.

[DG] [Darty-Blackrock]: or pull shit
[P] [Abditus]: oops my bad
[P] [Abditus]: soz, not a good first impression aye

Never mind that then, we'll just move on.
Unfortunately, through the next few battles, it's apparent that something is wrong. I'm doing my usual job of AOEing the non-elites down, but near the boss Krystallus something happens: during a fight, I get charged seemingly out of the blue by one of the mobs (probably an elite) and killed in one or two hits. No idea how that happened. I was just standing there AOEing them like usual. Perhaps the tank was not keeping aggro like he should have.

[P] [Abditus]: umm
Reputation with Horde Expedition increased by 20.
[P] [Abditus]: yeah
Reputation with Horde Expedition increased by 2.
[P] [Crustysocks-Blackrock]: ownd
Oolong receives loot: [Relic of Ulduar]x3.
Your share of the loot is 14 Silver, 49 Copper.
[DG] [Darty-Blackrock]: i 2shot you brother
[P] [Mithun-Nagrand]: sorry im quite laggy 2nite
[P] [Crustysocks-Blackrock]: lool
[Crustysocks-Blackrock] says: Recount - DPS for Overall Data
[Crustysocks-Blackrock] says: 1. Oolong 5547.1 (26.5%)
[Crustysocks-Blackrock] says: 2. Pocketknives 4860.8 (23.2%)
[Crustysocks-Blackrock] says: 3. Darty 3608.6 (17.2%)
[Crustysocks-Blackrock] says: 4. >Abditus<-Thaurissan 2697.7 (12.9%) [Crustysocks-Blackrock] says: 5. Gulizakiya 2598 (12.4%) [Crustysocks-Blackrock] says: 6. Mithun-Nagrand 1575.4 (7.5%)

I wait a moment to see if I'll get a res. No such luck. At this point, I release spirit.
And why is he bothering with Recount on TRASH MOBS? Non-elite trash mobs, unbelievably.

Changed Channel: [1. General - The Storm Peaks]
Changed Channel: [3. LocalDefense - The Storm Peaks]
[P] [Crustysocks-Blackrock]: 2k with aoe...nice
[P] [Abditus]: I shouldn't have to put up with this
You leave the group.

Key notes: they obviously had much better gear than I had, as I had only just dinged 80 and my GS was only 2700 while theirs was in the 4-5k range. You do the math.
This is my first level 80 character. If this is what it's commonly like to be playing at level 80, then there's a very serious problem. And it's not with me.

Bloody 14 year old kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment